Christmas you gotta love it, I love it! I especially love the lights and decorating for Christmas. I think that it's going to change after this year though... after all I am the man of the house!! ( Sorry honey I do love you though!)
Yeah my Marc is great for so many things, but not when it comes to man duties!! I take that back he's really great for sitting on the couch and watching football all day and he even does an ok job at cleaning the basement aka "his man cave", but if I need him to pick up a hammer or a tool set he's worhtless.
That brings us to yesterday when I decided I didn't need him and I would put up the lights on the house myself. I got up on the ladder and mauvered those clips ( you know the ones that don't work!) and slowly, and I mean slowly put up the lights at the very top of our garage, only to get the end and with the slightest pull see my lights that I worked on for over two hours take the domino effect and fall to the ground.
Ok so there were some choice words, but I decided that I would try it again now that I knew what I was doing, so I got back up my ladder and started my way across the garage. I was about half way through for the second time when I again slightly pulled the icicle light and again the domino affect took place.
Again more choice words, and I think a why in the heck am I marrying this man came out out of my mouth! You know again it became his fault that the lights weren't working and it was his fault that I was out there in the first place doing the lights since I saw all the men in the neiborhood being good little husbands and putting up there lights with no problems.
Now I like the phrase I am woman hear me roar, and I Perservered, but this time I said screw the clips and forget the original place where I originally wanted the lights and went and got a good old hammer and nails and pounded those suckers directly above the gargage door. (I'm still hoping it was wood I was pounding into, although I'm not entirly sure!)
Three hours later I was done!! I am Woman hear me Roar! I'm just hoping the holes above the gargage won't really matter!!! SHHHH!!!
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is hillarious!! You go girl with a hammer. I thought that I was going to have to put up our lights, but I came home from shopping and there they were, hung! I guess he got the hint this year. Keep trying :)
Post a Comment