Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Nasty EX

I consider myself a single mom, and I consider Zach's dad a scheduled dad. You know those dad's that refuse to take their kids when they are not scheduled to take them. So in our case Zach's dad is only a dad every other weekend. (Yes I'm Bitter).

I really try to make Zach's life as fun as I can. I really try and sign him up for things that he will enjoy. One of those being an adapted T-Ball league. This is called Challenger league. It's only for special needs kids and most kids are paired up with a typical peer that helps them play the game of baseball. In Zach's case he needs a lot of help, but always has a smile on his face when he is being pushed around the bases or being helped to hit the ball. He loves it.

Last year they were short on buddies, so Zach's scheduled dad and I had to step up to the plate and be Zach's buddy. When the scheduled dad was out there he would do his own thing with Zach and spin in circles, anything but pay attention to the game. Irritated most us parents on the bench watching. This year though they had enough buddies sign up and all the kids were able to be with a typical peer. Our peer that Zach got was awesome and so good with Zach. He would just talk to Zach and he would light up.

Well guess what the scheduled dad did not like the fact that he was sharing his kid and teaching this boy what it's like to have a disability. Scheduled dad thought Zach was bored because he wasn't being spun around and made dizzy. So he took it upon himself and told the buddy that he was taking over the buddy position. I tried to stop this, but scheduled dad's mind was made and instead of making everyone uncomfortable I walked away as mad as can be. Mind you that scheduled dad is one of the only parents out there, and all kids basically have a typical peer as a buddy.
When I signed Zach up for T-ball it was suppose to be about Zach. This year they have kids Zach's age wanting to be a part of it and it's teaching everyone, and everyone is having fun including Zach. I have seen him with the biggest smile on his face. If Zach was a typical kid scheduled dad would not be out there playing with him, scheduled dad would be watching. That is how Challenger League is suppose to work.

This is about suppse to be about Zach, , let him be with his peers and doing something that a normal kid gets to do without there parents. Let him be a typical kid for once in his life.

Well I do believe in Karma. About 10 minutes into the game scheduled dad was once again doing his own thing out in the field, and scheduled dad and the wheelchair with Zach went flying. Zach was hanging upside down and scheduled dad was lying on the ground. I thank goodness I did not see what happened, I was to busy talking to the buddies mom explaining all about scheduled dad. Everyone starting calling my name and I looked up to see my son hanging upside down. I was irate, and yet because Zach was fine I was so glad that it happened. The buddies mom told me that, that would never of happened with her son.

Later on scheduled dad told me he thinks his shoulder was dislocated. All I could think about and say was good! Karma gotta love it.

No comments: